The SA Property Investors Network (SAPIN) is calling on property investors from across the country to share their property investment stories and enter the annual Investor of the Year Awards. Cash prizes, vouchers from sponsors and property investment coaching are just some of the prizes on offer.
Whether you are busy with your first deal or are a veteran property developer, the Investor of the Year Awards are open to all South Africans over 18 who have invested in property between November 2019 and the cut-off date of August 2021.
As South Africa’s leading property network with thousands of members, SAPIN’s Investor of the Year Awards attracts property enthusiasts to network and celebrate those that have been brave, bold, and tenacious in the face of a swiftly evolving property and finance environment.
“The Investor of the Year Awards is all about celebrating success in the dynamic field of property investment, while providing the opportunity to network with like-minded investors and property gurus. We want to encourage and inspire all South Africans to build wealth through property investment, as we have seen just how our members have been able to move from Zero to Hero while assisting others along the way,” says Andrew Walker, CEO and Founder of the SA Property Investors Network.
Sponsored by Absa South Africa, Tuhf, Tile Africa and Preferential, the black-tie Awards will be held at the Marriott Hotel in Sandton on the 18th of November 2021. The third annual Investor of the Year Awards can be attended in person or virtually. There are seven categories of awards, which cater for a range of entries from beginner property owners to professional property practitioners.
“There is a myth that property investing is only for the wealthy; but we have seen investors start with almost nothing… so it really is true that you can create wealth through property investing with the right education and the right network. We want to expose this and encourage all South Africans to take advantage of the opportunities available to them,” explains Walker.
“During the Covid-19 lockdown, we helped a 24-year-old teacher purchase her first property. With the right education from The Property Academy and through the support of our network, this young property enthusiast purchased a property virtually, which has already started earning rental income for her. These opportunities are available to other young South Africans and through the SA Property Investment Network we provide the support and information to help investors make sound property decisions,” says Walker.
Entries are completed online at www.investoroftheyear.co.za and the closing date for entries is 31st August 2021. Qualifying property deals must be completed between 1 Nov 2019 and 30 Aug 2021. Enter, vote, and attend from home for R247.00, or vote and attend virtually for R97.00. Preliminary judging will take place between 31st March and 30th August 2021.
The Award Categories are:
- Beginner Investor – A new investor who has had a successful first deal. The winner would have made a profit and leveraged their network to complete their first deal.
- Most Growth Investor – An investor who completed more than two deals in the last 12-18 months; an investor who can show growth within their portfolio.
- Investor for Change – The Investor who not only invests in themselves but also invests in their community. In the end, Property Investment offers individuals a chance to make a difference, whether it was aiding distressed buyers or uplifting a community.
- Innovative Investor – An investor who completed the most creative or innovative deal. The winner would have used a creative strategy or structure to complete a profitable deal.
- Big Leagues Investor – An investor who has grown into the commercial or development sector.
- Investor of the Year 2021 – To win the most prestigious award of the evening, the entrant needs to win one of the categories listed above and will be rated by the judges and audience on the night as the Investor of The Year 2021.
- Deal of the Year – Selected from all the deals that our investors entered, the judges will select the best deal presented. Further details announced soon!
We are recognising many more great investors and have a few prizes secured already including:
- R10 000 cash prize
- R5 000 Tile Africa Vouchers
- Property Coaching Package with the previous Winner
More details will be announced soon!
If you are passionate about property and ready to showcase your investment journey to a broader audience, then the Investor of the Year Awards is for you! Not only is this an opportunity to win prizes, but you can expand your property portfolio by expanding your knowledge base and your network, while having fun doing it.
Dare to be brilliant and enter today at www.investoroftheyear.co.za