The Construction Management Foundation invites applications from emerging contractors in the South African construction industry to register for the Small Contractor Training Programme.
The programme is aimed at capacitating emerging construction business owners with the knowledge and tools needed to legally establish, operate and manage a construction business and its projects.
Over three days online with numerous experienced speakers the programme covers the following topics:
Day 1: Establishing a Construction Company
- The fundamentals of a construction business
- The construction business environment
- Different types of legal business structures
- Taxes and South African Revenue Service
- Compliance with Statutory Requirements
- Growing a Construction Business
Day 2: Managing and Operating a Construction Business
- Construction Resource Management
- The Basics of Financial Management
- Marketing and Business Development for Contractors
- Construction Tendering, Estimating and Pricing
- Public Construction Procurement System
- Construction Contracts – Introduction
- Preparing and Submitting a Construction Tender (Simulated Project)
Day 3: Getting Started with Construction Projects
- Construction Contract Administration
- Construction Health and Safety
- Site Establishment and Administration
- Production Planning and Resourcing
- Construction Quality Management
- Construction Risk Management
- Standards and Project Specifications
Fee includes course material. Course material will only be made available to registered participants. An attendance certificate will be issued. Numbers are limited to 20, so early booking is essential. The programme will run from 21 June – 23 June 2021 via our online learning management system.
The closing date for bookings is 05 June 2021.
Please register for the programme here. You will be required to send your proof of payment as part of the registration process and to book your slot. Click here to download the banking details. Please ensure your ID number is the reference and forward the POP to Ronnie.Siphika@cmfoundation.org.za & firstname.lastname@example.org